A molecular analysis of fecal and mucosal bacterial communities in irritable bowel syndrome.
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Polymerase Chain Reaction
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA molecular analysis of fecal and mucosal bacterial communities in irritable bowel syndrome. 2010, 55 (2):392-7 Dig. Dis. Sci.
JournalDigestive diseases and sciences
AbstractIBS impacts equally on both bacterial communities in the IBS host and a significant difference in the gut microbiota exists between fecal samples from IBS patients and healthy controls. The reason for this difference is unclear and various possible explanations are available, but much more work is required to determine the underlying reason for this observation.
- Molecular analysis of the luminal- and mucosal-associated intestinal microbiota in diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome.
- Authors: Carroll IM, Ringel-Kulka T, Keku TO, Chang YH, Packey CD, Sartor RB, Ringel Y
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Identification of an Intestinal Microbiota Signature Associated With Severity of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Authors: Tap J, Derrien M, Törnblom H, Brazeilles R, Cools-Portier S, Doré J, Störsrud S, Le Nevé B, Öhman L, Simrén M
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Increase in fecal primary bile acids and dysbiosis in patients with diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome.
- Authors: Duboc H, Rainteau D, Rajca S, Humbert L, Farabos D, Maubert M, Grondin V, Jouet P, Bouhassira D, Seksik P, Sokol H, Coffin B, Sabaté JM
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Fecal and Mucosa-Associated Intestinal Microbiota in Patients with Diarrhea-Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Authors: Maharshak N, Ringel Y, Katibian D, Lundqvist A, Sartor RB, Carroll IM, Ringel-Kulka T
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- The hypersensitivity to colonic distension of IBS patients can be transferred to rats through their fecal microbiota.
- Authors: Crouzet L, Gaultier E, Del'Homme C, Cartier C, Delmas E, Dapoigny M, Fioramonti J, Bernalier-Donadille A
- Issue date: 2013 Apr