Field visit placements: An integrated and community approach to learning in children's nursing.
AffiliationCatherine McAuley School of Nursing and Midwifery, University College Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHAttitude of Health Personnel
Community Health Nursing
Education, Nursing, Baccalaureate
Guidelines as Topic
Nursing Education Research
MetadataShow full item record
CitationField visit placements: An integrated and community approach to learning in children's nursing. 2010, 10 (2):108-12 Nurse Educ Pract
JournalNurse education in practice
AbstractThis paper reports on the development of a new initiative, field visit placements towards and integrated and community approach to learning for nursing students. To date, limited literature exists on the potential of community field visits as meaningful learning opportunities for nursing students. Drawing on our experiences, the structure and processes involved in implementing field visits are described in this paper. Students evaluated the field visits positively indicating that they provided a wealth of learning opportunities that enhanced their knowledge and awareness of services available to children and their families in the community. The potential of field visits to promote an integrated and community approach to placements in children's nursing is discussed.
- Experiences of a degree course in community children's nursing.
- Authors: Burditt J, Buckler K, Sidey A
- Issue date: 1999 Mar
- Young Nurse Clinician Programs: geriatric, pediatric, and community health.
- Authors: Berg M, Lehmann S, Mobily P
- Issue date: 2008 Nov-Dec
- Pilot student placements with children with complex needs.
- Authors: Hewitt-Taylor J, Farasat H
- Issue date: 2007 May
- Conceptualisation of community-based basic nursing education in South Africa: a grounded theory analysis.
- Authors: Mtshali NG
- Issue date: 2005 May
- The Bucket List: a service-learning approach to community engagement to enhance community health nursing clinical learning.
- Authors: Broussard BB
- Issue date: 2011 Jan