Field visit placements: An integrated and community approach to learning in children's nursing.
AffiliationCatherine McAuley School of Nursing and Midwifery, University College Cork, Ireland. email@example.com
MeSHAttitude of Health Personnel
Community Health Nursing
Education, Nursing, Baccalaureate
Guidelines as Topic
Nursing Education Research
MetadataShow full item record
CitationField visit placements: An integrated and community approach to learning in children's nursing. 2010, 10 (2):108-12 Nurse Educ Pract
JournalNurse education in practice
AbstractThis paper reports on the development of a new initiative, field visit placements towards and integrated and community approach to learning for nursing students. To date, limited literature exists on the potential of community field visits as meaningful learning opportunities for nursing students. Drawing on our experiences, the structure and processes involved in implementing field visits are described in this paper. Students evaluated the field visits positively indicating that they provided a wealth of learning opportunities that enhanced their knowledge and awareness of services available to children and their families in the community. The potential of field visits to promote an integrated and community approach to placements in children's nursing is discussed.
- The clinical home community: a model for community-based education.
- Authors: Williams-Barnard CL, Sweatt AH, Harkness GA, DiNapoli P
- Issue date: 2004 Jun
- "The Child's World": a creative and visual trigger to stimulate student enquiry in a problem based learning module.
- Authors: Barron C, Lambert V, Conlon J, Harrington T
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Experiences of a degree course in community children's nursing.
- Authors: Burditt J, Buckler K, Sidey A
- Issue date: 1999 Mar
- Case management in the undergraduate curriculum.
- Authors: Tholcken M, Clark MC, Tschirch P
- Issue date: 2004 Jan
- Young Nurse Clinician Programs: geriatric, pediatric, and community health.
- Authors: Berg M, Lehmann S, Mobily P
- Issue date: 2008 Nov-Dec