AuthorsUzbeck, Mateen H
Almeida, Francisco A
Sarkiss, Mona G
Morice, Rodolfo C
Jimenez, Carlos A
Eapen, Georgie A
Kennedy, Marcus P
AffiliationDepartment of Pulmonary Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA.
Decision Support Techniques
Pleural Effusion, Malignant
MetadataShow full item record
CitationManagement of malignant pleural effusions. 2010, 27 (6):334-47 Adv Ther
JournalAdvances in therapy
AbstractMalignant pleural effusions are a common clinical problem in patients with primary thoracic malignancy and metastatic malignancy to the thorax. Symptoms can be debilitating and can impair tolerance of anticancer therapy. This article presents a comprehensive review of pharmaceutical and nonpharmaceutical approaches to the management of malignant pleural effusion, and a novel algorithm for management based on patients' performance status.
- Malignant pleural effusion, current and evolving approaches for its diagnosis and management.
- Authors: Neragi-Miandoab S
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Emerging paradigms in the management of malignant pleural effusions.
- Authors: Khaleeq G, Musani AI
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Management of malignant pleural effusions.
- Authors: Ruckdeschel JC
- Issue date: 1995 Apr
- [Surgical therapy for malignant pleural effusions].
- Authors: Ludwig C, Stoelben E
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- BTS guidelines for the management of malignant pleural effusions.
- Authors: Antunes G, Neville E, Duffy J, Ali N, Pleural Diseases Group, Standards of Care Committee, British Thoracic Society.
- Issue date: 2003 May