Increased sexually transmitted infection incidence in a low risk population: identifying the risk factors.
AffiliationDepartment of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIncreased sexually transmitted infection incidence in a low risk population: identifying the risk factors. 2010, 20 (2):207-12 Eur J Public Health
JournalEuropean journal of public health
AbstractAge, condom use and number of sexual partners are important risk factors for STI diagnosis. Contrary to international STI literature, having multiple sexual partners does not increase STI incidence. Age specific behavioural interventions that target increased condom use may be effective in reducing STIs in Ireland. At policy level, a reduction in the taxation on condoms from 13.5 to 5% is needed to lower the prohibitive cost and increase their use.
- Sexually transmitted infection incidence among adolescents in Ireland.
- Authors: Davoren MP, Hayes K, Horgan M, Shiely F
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Comparison of risk factors for prevalent sexually transmitted infections based on attendees at two genitourinary medicine clinics in Ireland.
- Authors: Shiely F, Hayes K, Horgan M
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Opportunity for prevention of HIV and sexually transmitted infections in Kenyan youth: results of a population-based survey.
- Authors: Hawken MP, Melis RD, Ngombo DT, Mandaliya KN, Ng'ang'a LW, Price J, Dallabetta G, Temmerman M
- Issue date: 2002 Dec 15
- Characteristics of those who repeatedly acquire sexually transmitted infections: a retrospective cohort study of attendees at three urban sexually transmitted disease clinics in England.
- Authors: Hughes G, Brady AR, Catchpole MA, Fenton KA, Rogers PA, Kinghorn GR, Mercey DE, Thin RN
- Issue date: 2001 Jul
- Social and behavioral determinants as risk of sexually transmitted diseases. Report by a sample from the Sexually Transmitted Disease Unit in Florence, Italy.
- Authors: Silvestri C, Giomi B, Colli L, Berti A, Voller F, Cipriani F, Zuccati G
- Issue date: 2012 Aug