Design of a multiplex PCR assay for the simultaneous detection and confirmation of Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Microbiology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland.
Polymerase Chain Reaction
Sensitivity and Specificity
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDesign of a multiplex PCR assay for the simultaneous detection and confirmation of Neisseria gonorrhoeae. 2010, 63 (5):431-3 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of clinical pathology
AbstractThis multiplex PCR assay offers a sensitive and specific assay suitable for the detection of N gonorrhoeae, and offers real potential for diagnostic use.
- A real-time PCR assay for the detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in genital and extragenital specimens.
- Authors: Whiley DM, Buda PP, Freeman K, Pattle NI, Bates J, Sloots TP
- Issue date: 2005 May
- A real-time PCR assay for the detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae by LightCycler.
- Authors: Whiley DM, LeCornec GM, Mackay IM, Siebert DJ, Sloots TP
- Issue date: 2002 Feb
- Evaluation of real time polymerase chain reaction assays for confirmation of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in clinical samples tested positive in the Roche Cobas Amplicor assay.
- Authors: Tabrizi SN, Chen S, Cohenford MA, Lentrichia BB, Coffman E, Shultz T, Tapsall JW, Garland SM
- Issue date: 2004 Feb
- Detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis in genitourinary specimens from men and women by a coamplification PCR assay.
- Authors: Crotchfelt KA, Welsh LE, DeBonville D, Rosenstraus M, Quinn TC
- Issue date: 1997 Jun
- Comparison of three in-house multiplex PCR assays for the detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis using real-time and conventional detection methodologies.
- Authors: Whiley DM, Sloots TP
- Issue date: 2005 Oct