Brief reports: a clinical evaluation of block characteristics using one milliliter 2% lidocaine in ultrasound-guided axillary brachial plexus block.
AffiliationDepartment of Anaesthesia, Cork University Hospital, Wilton Rd., Cork, Ireland. email@example.com
Hypnotics and Sedatives
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBrief reports: a clinical evaluation of block characteristics using one milliliter 2% lidocaine in ultrasound-guided axillary brachial plexus block. 2010, 111 (3):808-10 Anesth. Analg.
JournalAnesthesia and analgesia
AbstractWe report onset and duration of ultrasound-guided axillary brachial plexus block using 1 mL of 2% lidocaine with 1:200,000 epinephrine per nerve (total local anesthetic volume 4 mL). Block performance time, block onset time, duration of surgery, and block duration were measured. Seventeen consecutive patients were recruited. The mean (SD) block performance and onset times were 271 (67.9) seconds and 9.7 (3.7) minutes, respectively. Block duration was 160.8 (30.7) minutes. All operations were performed using regional anesthesia alone. The duration of anesthesia obtained is sufficient for most ambulatory hand surgery.
- An estimation of the minimum effective anesthetic volume of 2% lidocaine in ultrasound-guided axillary brachial plexus block.
- Authors: O'Donnell BD, Iohom G
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Ultrasound-guided axillary brachial plexus block with 20 milliliters local anesthetic mixture versus general anesthesia for upper limb trauma surgery: an observer-blinded, prospective, randomized, controlled trial.
- Authors: O'Donnell BD, Ryan H, O'Sullivan O, Iohom G
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Minimum volume of local anaesthetic required to surround each of the constituent nerves of the axillary brachial plexus, using ultrasound guidance: a pilot study.
- Authors: Harper GK, Stafford MA, Hill DA
- Issue date: 2010 May
- [Optimal dose of local anesthetic mixture in ultrasound-guided infraclavicular brachial plexus block via coracoid approach: analysis of 160 cases].
- Authors: Jiang XB, Zhu SZ, Jiang Y, Chen QH, Xu XZ
- Issue date: 2009 Feb 24
- A prospective, randomized comparison between double-, triple-, and quadruple-injection ultrasound-guided axillary brachial plexus block.
- Authors: Tran DQ, Pham K, Dugani S, Finlayson RJ
- Issue date: 2012 May-Jun