Metastatic meningioma: positron emission tomography CT imaging findings.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Cork University Hospital and University College Cork, Cork, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMetastatic meningioma: positron emission tomography CT imaging findings. 2010, 83 (996):e259-62 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British journal of radiology
AbstractThe imaging findings of a case of metastasing meningioma are described. The case illustrates a number of rare and interesting features. The patient presented with haemoptysis 22 years after the initial resection of an intracranial meningioma. CT demonstrated heterogeneous masses with avid peripheral enhancement without central enhancement. Blood supply to the larger lesion was partially from small feeding vessels from the inferior pulmonary vein. These findings correlate with a previously published case in which there was avid uptake of fluoro-18-deoxyglucose peripherally with lesser uptake centrally. The diagnosis of metastasing meningioma was confirmed on percutaneous lung tissue biopsy.
- Meningioma metastatic to the lung detected by FDG positron emission tomography.
- Authors: Hutchins EB, Graves A, Shelton B
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- A case report of primary pulmonary meningioma masquerading as lung metastasis in a patient with rectal carcinoma: role of <sup>18</sup>F-FDG PET/CT.
- Authors: Jiang M, Chen P, Huang R, Zhang J, Zheng J
- Issue date: 2021 May 29
- Pulmonary metastases in patients with recurrent, treatment-resistant meningioma: prognosis and identification by ¹¹¹Indium-octreotide imaging.
- Authors: Alexandru D, Glantz MJ, Kim L, Chamberlain MC, Bota DA
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 1
- Intracranial collision tumor mimicking an octreotide-SPECT positive and FDG-PET negative meningioma.
- Authors: Chahlavi A, Staugaitis SM, Yahya R, Vogelbaum MA
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- Evaluation of metastatic meningioma with 2-deoxy-2-[18F]fluoro-D-glucose PET/CT.
- Authors: Ghodsian M, Obrzut SL, Hyde CC, Watts WJ, Schiepers C
- Issue date: 2005 Nov