Methodology for adding and amending glycaemic index values to a nutrition analysis package.
AffiliationDepartment of Nutrition and Dietetics, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Republic of Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMethodology for adding and amending glycaemic index values to a nutrition analysis package. 2011, 105 (8):1117-32 Br. J. Nutr.
JournalThe British journal of nutrition
AbstractSince its introduction in 1981, the glycaemic index (GI) has been a useful tool for classifying the glycaemic effects of carbohydrate foods. Consumption of a low-GI diet has been associated with a reduced risk of developing CVD, diabetes mellitus and certain cancers. WISP (Tinuviel Software, Llanfechell, Anglesey, UK) is a nutrition software package used for the analysis of food intake records and 24 h recalls. Within its database, WISP contains the GI values of foods based on the International Tables 2002. The aim of the present study is to describe in detail a methodology for adding and amending GI values to the WISP database in a clinical or research setting, using data from the updated International Tables 2008.
- Adding glycaemic index and glycaemic load functionality to DietPLUS, a Malaysian food composition database and diet intake calculator.
- Authors: Shyam S, Wai TN, Arshad F
- Issue date: 2012
- Glycaemic index database for the epidemiological Alpha-Tocopherol, Beta-Carotene Cancer Prevention (ATBC) Study.
- Authors: Similä ME, Valsta LM, Virtanen MJ, Hätönen KA, Virtamo J
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Glycaemic index values in the Finnish food composition database: an approach to standardised value documentation.
- Authors: Kaartinen NE, Similä ME, Pakkala H, Korhonen T, Männistö S, Valsta LM
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Methodology for adding glycemic load values to the National Cancer Institute Diet History Questionnaire database.
- Authors: Flood A, Subar AF, Hull SG, Zimmerman TP, Jenkins DJ, Schatzkin A
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Methodology for adding glycemic index to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey nutrient database.
- Authors: Lin CS, Kimokoti RW, Brown LS, Kaye EA, Nunn ME, Millen BE
- Issue date: 2012 Nov