AffiliationDepartment of Plastic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork. firstname.lastname@example.org
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Soft Tissue Neoplasms
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAn unusual presentation of a glomus tumour. 2011, 104 (2):51-2 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractGlomus tumours are benign, soft tissue tumours, usually of fingertips. Classically they present with severe pain, temperature sensitivity and localised tenderness. The diagnosis is often delayed due to sometimes non-specific symptoms and rarity of the disorder. While usually a clinical diagnosis, imaging may be necessary for diagnosis and localisation. We present a case of glomus tumour of the fingertip with an unusual history.
- [Glomus tumours of the extremities: localisation and operative treatment in 36 cases].
- Authors: Assmus H, Dombert T
- Issue date: 2002 Mar
- [Acral glomus tumors].
- Authors: Spronk CA, Marck KW
- Issue date: 1990 Jan 27
- [Magnetic resonance tomography diagnosis of subungual glomus tumor--a case report].
- Authors: Schürmann K, Keulers P
- Issue date: 1996 Apr
- Magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of glomus tumours of the hand.
- Authors: Al-Qattan MM, Al-Namla A, Al-Thunayan A, Al-Subhi F, El-Shayeb AF
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- [Glomus tumors in the extremities of children--a rare cause of chronic pain. Two clinical cases].
- Authors: Rabarin F, Saint Cast Y, Fouque PA, Césari B, Raimbeau G
- Issue date: 2010 Sep