VR-based training and assessment in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia: from error analysis to system design.
AffiliationNational Digital Research Centre, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationVR-based training and assessment in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia: from error analysis to system design. 2011, 163:304-10 Stud Health Technol Inform
JournalStudies in health technology and informatics
AbstractIf VR-based medical training and assessment is to improve patient care and safety (i.e. a genuine health gain), it has to be based on clinically relevant measurement of performance. Metrics on errors are particularly useful for capturing and correcting undesired behaviors before they occur in the operating room. However, translating clinically relevant metrics and errors into meaningful system design is a challenging process. This paper discusses how an existing task and error analysis was translated into the system design of a VR-based training and assessment environment for Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia (UGRA).
- Acquisition of technical skills in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia using a high-fidelity simulator.
- Authors: Cheung JJ, Chen EW, Al-Allaq Y, Nikravan N, McCartney CJ, Dubrowski A, Awad IT
- Issue date: 2011
- Comparison of the development of performance skills in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia simulations with different phantom models.
- Authors: Liu Y, Glass NL, Glover CD, Power RW, Watcha MF
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Optimizing the safety and practice of ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia: the role of echogenic technology.
- Authors: Hocking G, Mitchell CH
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Novel real-time feedback and integrated simulation model for teaching and evaluating ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia skills in pediatric anesthesia trainees.
- Authors: Moore DL, Ding L, Sadhasivam S
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Simulators for training in ultrasound guided procedures.
- Authors: Farjad Sultan S, Shorten G, Iohom G
- Issue date: 2013 Jun