Inferior alveolar nerve injury with laryngeal mask airway: a case report.
AffiliationDepartment of Anaesthesia, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland. email@example.com.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInferior alveolar nerve injury with laryngeal mask airway: a case report. 2011, 5:122 J Med Case Reports
JournalJournal of medical case reports
AbstractWe report the first case of vascular occlusion and injury to the inferior alveolar nerve, causing scabbing and numbness of the lower lip, resulting from laryngeal mask airway use. This is an original case report mostly of interest for anesthetists who use the laryngeal mask airway in day-to-day practice. Excessive inflation of the laryngeal mask airway cuff could have led to this complication. Despite the low incidence of cranial nerve injury associated with the use of the laryngeal mask airway, vigilant adherence to evidence-based medicine techniques and recommendations from the manufacturer's instructions can prevent such complications.
- Tapia's syndrome after arthroscopic shoulder stabilisation under general anaesthesia and LMA.
- Authors: Wadełek J, Kolbusz J, Orlicz P, Staniaszek A
- Issue date: 2012 Jan-Mar
- Unilateral laryngeal and hypoglossal paralysis (Tapia's syndrome) following rhinoplasty in general anaesthesia: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Tesei F, Poveda LM, Strali W, Tosi L, Magnani G, Farneti G
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- [Taste loss following the use of the laryngeal mask airway].
- Authors: Koyama T, Ichizawa A, Fukami N, Arai K, Hirata S, Mishima S
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Lingual nerve injury associated with the ProSeal laryngeal mask airway: a case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Brimacombe J, Clarke G, Keller C
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Minimum alveolar concentration of desflurane with fentanyl for laryngeal mask airway removal in anesthetized children.
- Authors: Makkar JK, Ghai B, Bhardwaj N, Wig J
- Issue date: 2012 Apr