Unusual paraneoplastic syndromes of breast carcinoma: a combination of cerebellar degeneration and Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland. Laszlo.Romics@umassmed.edu
MeSHAntineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols
Carcinoma, Ductal, Breast
Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
Paraneoplastic Cerebellar Degeneration
MetadataShow full item record
CitationUnusual paraneoplastic syndromes of breast carcinoma: a combination of cerebellar degeneration and Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome. 2011, 180 (2):569-71 Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractParaneoplastic neurological disorders are rare complications of breast carcinoma. Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome (LEMS) is most commonly associated with small cell lung cancer. However, a combination of LEMS and subacute cerebellar degeneration as paraneoplastic syndromes is extremely rare, and has never been described in association with breast cancer.
We report for the first time an unusual association of LEMS and paraneoplastic subacute cerebellar degeneration with breast carcinoma.
In patients with atypical LEMS, when there is no evidence of respiratory malignancy, breast cancer should be included in the differential diagnosis.
- [Paraneoplastic Cerebellar Degeneration with Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome: A Report of an Effectively Treated Case and Systematic Review of Japanese Cases].
- Authors: Kitanosono H, Motomura M, Tomita H, Iwanaga H, Iwanaga N, Irioka T, Shiraishi H, Tsujino A
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Paraneoplastic syndromes associated with lung cancer: a unique case of concomitant subacute cerebellar degeneration and Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome.
- Authors: Leonovicz BM, Gordon EA, Wass CT
- Issue date: 2001 Dec
- Small-cell lung cancer, paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration and the Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome.
- Authors: Mason WP, Graus F, Lang B, Honnorat J, Delattre JY, Valldeoriola F, Antoine JC, Rosenblum MK, Rosenfeld MR, Newsom-Davis J, Posner JB, Dalmau J
- Issue date: 1997 Aug
- GRP78 antibodies damage the blood-brain barrier and relate to cerebellar degeneration in Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome.
- Authors: Shimizu F, Takeshita Y, Sano Y, Hamamoto Y, Shiraishi H, Sato T, Yoshimura S, Maeda T, Fujikawa S, Nishihara H, Kitanosono H, Tsujino A, Motomura M, Kanda T
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 1
- [A case of small cell carcinoma of the lung associated with paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration and Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome].
- Authors: Seki N, Mitsui J, Hoshino M, Akishiro M, Ugawa Y, Goto J, Tsuji S
- Issue date: 2006 Jan