Extrusion of bone anchor suture following flexor digitorum profundus tendon avulsion injury repair.
AffiliationDepartment of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationExtrusion of bone anchor suture following flexor digitorum profundus tendon avulsion injury repair. 2011, 64 (9):1242-4 J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg
JournalJournal of plastic, reconstructive & aesthetic surgery : JPRAS
AbstractFlexor digitorum profundus (FDP) zone I tendon avulsion injury is traditionally repaired with a pullout suture technique. More recently, bone anchor sutures have been used as a viable alternative and have largely replaced areas in hand surgery where pullout suture technique was once required. To date, there have been very few complications reported related to bone anchor suture use in FDP tendon reattachment to the bone. We report a very unusual case of extrusion of bone anchor through the nailbed, 6 years after zone I FDP tendon avulsion injury repair and a brief review of literature.
- Bone suture anchors versus the pullout button for repair of distal profundus tendon injuries: a comparison of strength in human cadaveric hands.
- Authors: Brustein M, Pellegrini J, Choueka J, Heminger H, Mass D
- Issue date: 2001 May
- New "loop" suture for FDP zone I injuries.
- Authors: Kapickis M
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Biomechanical characteristics of suture anchor implants for flexor digitorum profundus repair.
- Authors: Halát G, Negrin L, Koch T, Erhart J, Platzer P, Hajdu S, Streicher J
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- The effect of mitek anchor insertion angle to attachment of FDP avulsion injuries.
- Authors: Schreuder FB, Scougall PJ, Puchert E, Vizesi F, Walsh WR
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Repair of flexor digitorum profundus to distal phalanx: a biomechanical evaluation of four techniques.
- Authors: Lee SK, Fajardo M, Kardashian G, Klein J, Tsai P, Christoforou D
- Issue date: 2011 Oct