AuthorsQuigley, Eamonn M M
Jacobson, Brian C
Rubenstein, Joel H
McCallum, Richard W
Levine, Marc S
Gore, Richard M
AffiliationAlimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, Department of Medicine, Clinical Sciences Building, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
Body Mass Index
Metabolic Syndrome X
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBarrett's esophagus: clinical features, obesity, and imaging. 2011, 1232:36-52 Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci.
JournalAnnals of the New York Academy of Sciences
AbstractThe following includes commentaries on clinical features and imaging of Barrett's esophagus (BE); the clinical factors that influence the development of BE; the influence of body fat distribution and central obesity; the role of adipocytokines and proinflammatory markers in carcinogenesis; the role of body mass index (BMI) in healing of Barrett's epithelium; the role of surgery in prevention of carcinogenesis in BE; the importance of double-contrast esophagography and cross-sectional images of the esophagus; and the value of positron emission tomography/computed tomography.
- Lack of differential pattern in central adiposity and metabolic syndrome in Barrett's esophagus and gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Authors: Healy LA, Ryan AM, Pidgeon G, Ravi N, Reynolds JV
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Association between markers of obesity and progression from Barrett's esophagus to esophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Duggan C, Onstad L, Hardikar S, Blount PL, Reid BJ, Vaughan TL
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Association between the body mass index and the risk of Barrett's esophagus in Japan.
- Authors: Shinkai H, Iijima K, Koike T, Abe Y, Dairaku N, Inomata Y, Kayaba S, Ishiyama F, Oikawa T, Ohyauchi M, Ito H, Asonuma S, Hoshi T, Kato K, Ohara S, Shimosegawa T
- Issue date: 2014
- Barrett's esophagus and obesity: the missing part of the puzzle.
- Authors: Moayyedi P
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Abdominal obesity and body mass index as risk factors for Barrett's esophagus.
- Authors: Corley DA, Kubo A, Levin TR, Block G, Habel L, Zhao W, Leighton P, Quesenberry C, Rumore GJ, Buffler PA
- Issue date: 2007 Jul