Community nurses working in piloted primary care teams: Irish Republic.
AffiliationHealth Service Executive, West, East Limerick, North Tipperary. firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHCommunity Health Nursing
Patient Care Team
Primary Health Care
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCommunity nurses working in piloted primary care teams: Irish Republic. 2010, 15 (8):398-404 Br J Community Nurs
JournalBritish journal of community nursing
AbstractPrimary care health services in the Irish Republic have undergone fundamental transformation with the establishment of multidisciplinary primary care teams nationwide. Primary care teams provide a community-based health service delivered through a range of health professionals in an integrated way. As part of this initiative ten pilot teams were established in 2003. This research was undertaken in order to gain an understanding of nurse's experiences of working in a piloted primary care team. The methodology used was a focus group approach. The findings from this study illustrated how community nurse's roles and responsibilities have expanded within the team. The findings also highlighted the benefits and challenges of working as a team with various other community-based health-care disciplines.
- Partners in care: investigating community nurses' understanding of an interdisciplinary team-based approach to primary care.
- Authors: O'Neill M, Cowman S
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Clients with chronic conditions: community nurse role in a multidisciplinary team.
- Authors: Wilkes L, Cioffi J, Cummings J, Warne B, Harrison K
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Registered nurses as members of interprofessional primary health care teams in remote or isolated areas of Queensland: Collaboration, communication and partnerships in practice.
- Authors: Mills JE, Francis K, Birks M, Coyle M, Henderson S, Jones J
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- The nurse's role in preventive care in the field of community nursing.
- Authors: Tóthová V, Bártlová S, Šedová L, Treslova M, Chloubová I, Prošková E
- Issue date: 2014
- Team nursing in acute care settings: nurses' experiences.
- Authors: Cioffi J, Ferguson L
- Issue date: 2009 Aug