Childhood obesity: the extent of the problem among 6-year-old Irish national school children.
AffiliationHealth Service Executive West, Department of Public Health, Merlin Park Hospital, Galway, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationChildhood obesity: the extent of the problem among 6-year-old Irish national school children. 2011, 37 (3):352-9 Child Care Health Dev
JournalChild: care, health and development
AbstractThere is a clear need to urgently prioritize the effective management of obesity. Resourses should now be targeted towards ensuring government policies in Ireland and elsewhere are implemented.
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in Irish school children, using four different definitions.
- Authors: O'Neill JL, McCarthy SN, Burke SJ, Hannon EM, Kiely M, Flynn A, Flynn MA, Gibney MJ
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Underweight and overweight among children and adolescents in Tuscany (Italy). Prevalence and short-term trends.
- Authors: Lazzeri G, Rossi S, Pammolli A, Pilato V, Pozzi T, Giacchi MV
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Assessment of obesity and fear of fatness among inner-city Dublin schoolchildren in a one-year follow-up study.
- Authors: Griffin AC, Younger KM, Flynn MA
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- Overweight and obesity in Irish primary schools: retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: McMaster C, Cullen L, Raymond N
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Trends in overweight and obesity in pre-school children in urban areas of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, from 2002 to 2005.
- Authors: Dieu HT, Dibley MJ, Sibbritt DW, Hanh TT
- Issue date: 2009 May