The relationship between maternal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGFBP-3 to gestational age and preterm delivery.
AuthorsCooley, Sharon M
Donnelly, Jennifer C
Geary, Michael P
Rodeck, Charles H
Hindmarsh, Peter C
AffiliationRotunda Hospital, Parnell Street, Dublin 1, Ireland. email@example.com
Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein 3
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
Insulin-Like Growth Factor II
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe relationship between maternal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGFBP-3 to gestational age and preterm delivery. 2010, 38 (3):255-9 J Perinat Med
JournalJournal of perinatal medicine
AbstractTo investigate the relationship between levels of insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2), and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) in antenatal maternal serum and gestational age at delivery.
Prospective cohort study of 1650 low-risk Caucasian women in a London University teaching hospital. Maternal IGF-1, IGF-2 and IGFBP-3 were measured in maternal blood at booking and analyzed with respect to gestational age at delivery.
There was no significant association between maternal IGF-1 or IGF-2 and preterm birth (PTB). A significant reduction in mean IGFBP-3 levels was noted with delivery <32 completed weeks (P=0.02).
Maternal mean IGFBP-3 levels are significantly reduced in cases complicated by delivery <32 completed weeks.
- Influence of a single course of antenatal betamethasone on the maternal-fetal insulin-IGF-GH axis in singleton pregnancies.
- Authors: Ahmad I, Beharry KD, Valencia AM, Cho S, Guajardo L, Nageotte MP, Modanlou HD
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Maternal and cord blood levels of insulin-like growth factors--I and--II and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1: correlation with birth weight and maternal anthropometric indices.
- Authors: Pathmaperuma AN, Tennekoon KH, Senanayake L, Karunanayake EH
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Insulin-like growth factors, their binding proteins, and fetal macrosomia in offspring of nondiabetic pregnant women.
- Authors: Wiznitzer A, Reece EA, Homko C, Furman B, Mazor M, Levy J
- Issue date: 1998 Jan
- Maternal and fetal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGF BP-3, and their relationship to fetal acidosis at delivery.
- Authors: Cooley SM, Donnelly JC, Geary MP, Rodeck CH, Hindmarsh PC
- Issue date: 2004
- Maternal and fetal serum insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) IGF binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3), leptin levels and early postnatal growth in infants born asymmetrically small for gestational age.
- Authors: Orbak Z, Darcan S, Coker M, Gökşen D
- Issue date: 2001 Sep-Oct