Maternal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGF BP-3 and the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.
AffiliationRotunda Hospital, Parnell Street, Dublin 1, Ireland. email@example.com
Infant, Newborn, Diseases
Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Proteins
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
Insulin-Like Growth Factor II
Intensive Care Units, Neonatal
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMaternal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGF BP-3 and the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. 2010, 23 (7):658-61 J. Matern. Fetal. Neonatal. Med.
JournalThe journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians
AbstractTo investigate the relationship between levels of insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) in antenatal maternal serum and gestational hypertension and pre-eclampsia (PET).
Prospective cohort study of 1650 low-risk Caucasian women in a University teaching hospital in London. Statistical analysis was performed using commercial software (SPSS for Windows, version 6.1, SPSS, Chicago, IL), with P < 0.05 as significant. Maternal IGF 1, IGF 2 and IGF BP-3 were assessed on maternal blood at booking. Blood pressure was checked at each visit in conjunction with urine analysis. The Davey & MacGillivray 1988 classification system was used in making the diagnosis of PET.
There was no significant correlation between maternal IGF-1 or IGFBP-3 levels and gestational hypertension or PET. However, a significant positive correlation does exist between maternal IGF-2 levels and PET.
Maternal IGF-2 has a significant positive correlation with PET.
- The relation between human fetal growth and fetal blood levels of insulin-like growth factors I and II, their binding proteins, and receptors.
- Authors: Reece EA, Wiznitzer A, Le E, Homko CJ, Behrman H, Spencer EM
- Issue date: 1994 Jul
- Insulin-like growth factors and binding proteins in early milk from mothers of preterm and term infants.
- Authors: Elmlinger MW, Hochhaus F, Loui A, Frommer KW, Obladen M, Ranke MB
- Issue date: 2007
- Insulin-like growth factors, their binding proteins, and fetal macrosomia in offspring of nondiabetic pregnant women.
- Authors: Wiznitzer A, Reece EA, Homko C, Furman B, Mazor M, Levy J
- Issue date: 1998 Jan
- Effects of hormone replacement therapy on insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF-II and IGF binding protein (IGFBP)-1 to IGFBP-4: implications for cardiovascular risk.
- Authors: Heald A, Kaushal K, Anderson S, Redpath M, Durrington PN, Selby PL, Gibson MJ
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Dietary protein during gestation affects maternal insulin-like growth factor, insulin-like growth factor binding protein, leptin concentrations, and fetal growth in heifers.
- Authors: Sullivan TM, Micke GC, Perkins N, Martin GB, Wallace CR, Gatford KL, Owens JA, Perry VE
- Issue date: 2009 Oct