Second trimester cervical length and risk of preterm birth in women with twin gestations treated with 17-α hydroxyprogesterone caproate.
AuthorsDurnwald, Celeste P
Rouse, Dwight J
Caritis, Steve N
Peaceman, Alan M
Varner, Michael W
Malone, Fergal D
Mercer, Brian M
Thorp, John M
Carpenter, Marshall W
Ramin, Susan M
Spong, Catherine Y
AffiliationDepartment of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org
Pregnancy Trimester, Second
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSecond trimester cervical length and risk of preterm birth in women with twin gestations treated with 17-α hydroxyprogesterone caproate. 2010, 23 (12):1360-4 J. Matern. Fetal. Neonatal. Med.
JournalThe journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians
AbstractWomen with twin gestations and a cervical length below the 25th percentile at 16-20 weeks had higher rates of preterm birth. In this subgroup of women, 17 OHPC did not prevent preterm birth before 35 weeks gestation. A cervical length above the 75th percentile at 16-20 weeks did not significantly reduce the risk of preterm birth in this high risk population.
- Fetal fibronectin versus cervical length as predictors of preterm birth in twin pregnancy with or without 17-hydroxyprogesterone caproate.
- Authors: Combs CA, Garite TJ, Maurel K, Das A, Obstetrix Collaborative Research Network.
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- A randomised controlled double-blind clinical trial of 17-hydroxyprogesterone caproate for the prevention of preterm birth in twin gestation (PROGESTWIN): evidence for reduced neonatal morbidity.
- Authors: Awwad J, Usta IM, Ghazeeri G, Yacoub N, Succar J, Hayek S, Saasouh W, Nassar AH
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Identifying twin gestations at low risk for preterm birth with a transvaginal ultrasonographic cervical measurement at 24 to 26 weeks' gestation.
- Authors: Imseis HM, Albert TA, Iams JD
- Issue date: 1997 Nov
- Effect of 17-alpha hydroxyprogesterone caproate on cervical length in twin pregnancies.
- Authors: Lim AC, Schuit E, Papatsonis D, van Eyck J, Porath MM, van Oirschot CM, Hummel P, Hasaart TH, Kleiverda G, de Graaf IM, van Ginkel AA, Mol BW, Bruinse HW
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Do serial measurements of cervical length improve the prediction of preterm birth in asymptomatic women with twin gestations?
- Authors: Melamed N, Pittini A, Hiersch L, Yogev Y, Korzeniewski SJ, Romero R, Barrett J
- Issue date: 2016 Nov