Patterns of brain injury and outcome in term neonates presenting with postnatal collapse.
AffiliationImaging Sciences Department, Imperial College, London, UK.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Newborn
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPatterns of brain injury and outcome in term neonates presenting with postnatal collapse. 2009, 94 (3):F168-77 Arch. Dis. Child. Fetal Neonatal Ed.
JournalArchives of disease in childhood. Fetal and neonatal edition
AbstractIn this term cohort, early PNC was generally followed by severe encephalopathy, acute central grey matter injury and poor outcome, or severe respiratory illness, slight white matter change and good outcome. Early EEG and MRI predicted outcome accurately. However, no antepartum, intrapartum or other aetiological factors were identified. Further investigation is needed in larger PNC cohorts.
- Patterns of brain injury in neonates exposed to perinatal sentinel events.
- Authors: Okereafor A, Allsop J, Counsell SJ, Fitzpatrick J, Azzopardi D, Rutherford MA, Cowan FM
- Issue date: 2008 May
- MR imaging of term infants with hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy as a predictor of neurodevelopmental outcome and late MRI appearances.
- Authors: Twomey E, Twomey A, Ryan S, Murphy J, Donoghue VB
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Relationship between electroencephalography and magnetic resonance imaging findings after hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy at term.
- Authors: El-Ayouty M, Abdel-Hady H, El-Mogy S, Zaghlol H, El-Beltagy M, Aly H
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- Automated electroencephalographic discontinuity in cooled newborns predicts cerebral MRI and neurodevelopmental outcome.
- Authors: Dunne JM, Wertheim D, Clarke P, Kapellou O, Chisholm P, Boardman JP, Shah DK
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Clinical utility of early amplitude integrated EEG in monitoring term newborns at risk of neurological injury.
- Authors: Toso PA, González AJ, Pérez ME, Kattan J, Fabres JG, Tapia JL, González HS
- Issue date: 2014 Mar-Apr