AuthorsChan, Jeffrey C Y
Ong, Joshua C Y
Regan, Padraic J
Kelly, John L
AffiliationDepartment of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery, University College Hospital, Galway, Newcastle Road, Galway, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Injury Severity Score
Recovery of Function
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIllness representations in patients with hand injury. 2009, 62 (7):927-32 J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg
JournalJournal of plastic, reconstructive & aesthetic surgery : JPRAS
AbstractThe lack of correlations suggests that illness perceptions of patients do not necessarily relate to the recent trauma experience or the severity of their hand injury. Patients in this cohort were optimistic about treatment and their recovery. There was some evidence to suggest that patients with severe injury were over-optimistic about recovery. These findings suggest that there could be a role for psychological intervention in hand injury.
- Assessment of the severity of hand injuries using "hand injury severity score", and its correlation with the functional outcome.
- Authors: Saxena P, Cutler L, Feldberg L
- Issue date: 2004 May
- Predicting functional recovery and return to work after mutilating hand injuries: usefulness of Campbell's Hand Injury Severity Score.
- Authors: Matsuzaki H, Narisawa H, Miwa H, Toishi S
- Issue date: 2009 May-Jun
- Illness perceptions in Greek patients with cancer: a validation of the Revised-Illness Perception Questionnaire.
- Authors: Giannousi Z, Manaras I, Georgoulias V, Samonis G
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Impairment and disability after severe hand injuries with multiple phalangeal fractures.
- Authors: van Oosterom FJ, Ettema AM, Mulder PG, Hovius SE
- Issue date: 2007 Jan
- Outcome of hand trauma: the hand injury severity scoring system (HISS) and subsequent impairment and disability.
- Authors: Mink van der Molen AB, Ettema AM, Hovius SE
- Issue date: 2003 Aug