Surgical repair of central slip avulsion injuries with Mitek bone anchor--retrospective analysis of a case series.
AffiliationDepartment of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery, University College Hospital Galway, Newcastle Road, Galway, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSurgical repair of central slip avulsion injuries with Mitek bone anchor--retrospective analysis of a case series. 2007, 12 (1):29-34 Hand Surg
JournalHand surgery : an international journal devoted to hand and upper limb surgery and related research : journal of the Asia-Pacific Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand
AbstractThe purpose of this study is to describe our technique of central slip repair using the Mitek bone anchor and to evaluate the treatment outcome. Eight digits in eight patients were reconstructed using the bone anchor: three little fingers, two middle fingers, two index fingers and one ring finger. There were two immediate and six delayed repairs (range from one day to eight months). Four patients had pre-operative intensive splinting and physiotherapy to restore passive extension of the proximal interphalangeal joint prior to central slip reconstruction. All patients have made good progress since surgery. No patient requires a second procedure and none of the bone anchors have dislodged or loosened. We conclude that the Mitek bone anchor is a reliable technique to achieve soft tissue to bone fixation in central slip avulsion injuries. We recommend that this technique be considered as a treatment option for patients requiring surgical repair.
- Repair of central slip avulsions using Mitek Micro Arc bone anchors. An in vitro biomechanical assessment.
- Authors: Cluett J, Milne AD, Yang D, Morris SF
- Issue date: 1999 Dec
- Repair of chronic mallet finger deformity using Mitek micro arc bone anchor.
- Authors: Ulkür E, Açikel C, Ergun O, Celiköz B
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- Surgical repair of acute collateral ligament injuries in digits with the Mitek bone suture anchor.
- Authors: Kato H, Minami A, Takahara M, Oshio I, Hirachi K, Kotaki H
- Issue date: 1999 Feb
- [Management of finger-level avulsion injuries].
- Authors: Lohmeyer JA, Machens HG, Lange T, Siemers F, Reichert B, Mailänder P
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- [Surgical treatment for boutonniere deformity of the fingers. Retrospective study of 47 patients].
- Authors: Le Bellec Y, Loy S, Touam C, Alnot JY, Masmejean E
- Issue date: 2001 Oct