HIV transmission in the dental setting and the HIV-infected oral health care professional: workshop 1C.
AffiliationDublin Dental School and Hospital and Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. Stephen.email@example.com
Infection Control, Dental
Infectious Disease Transmission, Professional-to-Patient
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHIV transmission in the dental setting and the HIV-infected oral health care professional: workshop 1C. 2011, 23 (1):106-11 Adv. Dent. Res.
JournalAdvances in dental research
AbstractThis workshop addressed two important issues: first, the global evidence of HIV transmission from health care provider to patient and from patient to health care provider in the general health care environment and the dental practice setting; second, in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy, whether oral health care professionals living with HIV pose a risk of transmission to their patients and whether standard infection control is adequate to protect both the patient and the oral health care professional in dental practice. The workshop culminated in a general discussion and the formulation of a consensus statement from the participating delegates, representing more than 30 countries, on the criteria under which an HIV-infected oral health care professional might practice dentistry without putting patients at risk. This consensus statement, the Beijing Declaration, was agreed nem con.
- Oral care of HIV-infected patients: the knowledge and attitudes of South African dentists.
- Authors: Darling M, Arendorf T, Samaranayake LP
- Issue date: 1992 Sep
- General and oral manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus infection: a general overview with guidelines for infection control in the dental practice.
- Authors: de Jesús-Campos GO, Nicholoff TJ Jr, Valenzuela RM
- Issue date: 1992 Jun-Aug
- Policies and protocols for preventing transmission of HIV infection in oral health care in South Africa.
- Authors: Ogunbodede EO, Rudolph MJ
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- Attitude/practices of oral healthcare provider to management of HIV/AIDS patients in the Pacific.
- Authors: Comfort AO, Vandana M, Cuttress T, Tuisuva J, Morse Z, Maimanuku L
- Issue date: 2004 Mar
- The application of disabilities law to HIV-positive professionals in the dental practice setting.
- Authors: Lewis BE, Vernaglia LW
- Issue date: 2002 Fall