AffiliationRegional Orthodontic Department, St James's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
MeSHBasal Cell Nevus Syndrome
Dental Care for Chronically Ill
Focal Dermal Hypoplasia
MetadataShow full item record
CitationGorlin-Goltz: what's in a name?, 18 (2):84-7 Spec Care Dentist
JournalSpecial care in dentistry : official publication of the American Association of Hospital Dentists, the Academy of Dentistry for the Handicapped, and the American Society for Geriatric Dentistry
AbstractThis paper describes the clinical features of two very distinct syndromes with similar names: Gorlin-Goltz and Goltz-Gorlin Syndromes. A case report is presented that highlights the differences between these syndromes. To avoid errors in diagnosis because of the similarity in names, the authors caution that, based on additional information now available, the preferred names should be Focal Dermal Hypoplasia syndrome for Goltz-Gorlin syndrome and Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma syndrome for Gorlin-Goltz syndrome.
- Focal dermal hypoplasia (Goltz-Gorlin) syndrome with taurodontism.
- Authors: McNamara T, Trotman CA, Hahessy AM, Kavanagh P
- Issue date: 1996 Jan-Feb
- Focal dermal hypoplasia (Goltz-Gorlin syndrome).
- Authors: Terezhalmy GT, Moore WS, Bsoul SA, Flint DJ
- Issue date: 2002 Oct
- [Goltz syndrome - a case report].
- Authors: Alberth M, Török J, Nemes J
- Issue date: 2001 Apr
- [Goltz-Gorlin syndrome in a male].
- Authors: Reber T, Wolters T, Goos M
- Issue date: 1987 Apr
- Nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome.
- Authors: Karthiga KS, Sivapatha Sundharam B, Manikandan R
- Issue date: 2006 Jan-Mar