Biliary sphincter of Oddi dysfunction: response rates after ERCP and sphincterotomy in a 5-year ERCP series and proposal for new practical guidelines.
AffiliationDepartment of Gastroenterology, St Luke's Hospital, Kilkenny, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cholangiopancreatography, Endoscopic Retrograde
Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBiliary sphincter of Oddi dysfunction: response rates after ERCP and sphincterotomy in a 5-year ERCP series and proposal for new practical guidelines. 2011, 23 (4):327-33 Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol
JournalEuropean journal of gastroenterology & hepatology
AbstractOur findings are similar to other studies documenting response rates to ES in manometry proven SOD. Our simpler guidelines are more applicable to clinical practice. Group 3 remains the most challenging group. Risk and benefits of ERCP and ES should be discussed with patients in centres where sphincter of Oddi manometry is unavailable, noting that 50% of patients respond favourably to ES.
- Predictors of outcomes after biliary and pancreatic sphincterotomy for sphincter of oddi dysfunction.
- Authors: Freeman ML, Gill M, Overby C, Cen YY
- Issue date: 2007 Jan
- Outcomes of Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and Sphincterotomy for Suspected Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD) Post Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass.
- Authors: Lim CH, Jahansouz C, Freeman ML, Leslie DB, Ikramuddin S, Amateau SK
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Management of patients with biliary sphincter of Oddi disorder without sphincter of Oddi manometry.
- Authors: Kalaitzakis E, Ambrose T, Phillips-Hughes J, Collier J, Chapman RW
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 22
- Frequency of sphincter of Oddi dysfunction in patients with previously normal sphincter of Oddi manometry studies.
- Authors: Khashab MA, Watkins JL, McHenry L Jr, Lazzell-Pannell L, Schmidt S, Sherman S, Lehman GA, Fogel EL
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Prospective comparison of secretin-stimulated magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography with manometry in the diagnosis of sphincter of Oddi dysfunction types II and III.
- Authors: Pereira SP, Gillams A, Sgouros SN, Webster GJ, Hatfield AR
- Issue date: 2007 Jun