AffiliationDepartment of Academic Radiology, Beaumont Hospital, Beaumont Road, Dublin 9, Ireland.
Vena Cava Filters
MetadataShow full item record
CitationOptional inferior vena caval filters: where are we now? 2008, 18 (8):1556-68 Eur Radiol
AbstractWith the advent of newer optional/retrievable inferior vena caval filters, there has been a rise in the number of filters inserted globally. This review article examines the currently available approved optional filter models, outlines the clinical indications for filter insertion and examines the expanding indications. Additionally, the available evidence behind the use of optional filters is reviewed, the issue of anticoagulation is discussed and possible future filter developments are considered.
- Vena cava filter practices of a regional vascular surgery society.
- Authors: Friedell ML, Nelson PR, Cheatham ML
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Changes in inferior vena cava filter placement over the past decade at a large community-based academic health center.
- Authors: Yunus TE, Tariq N, Callahan RE, Niemeyer DJ, Brown OW, Zelenock GB, Shanley CJ
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Vena cava filters: uses and abuses.
- Authors: Rectenwald JE
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Retrieval of Gunther Tulip optional vena cava filters 30 days after implantation: a prospective clinical study.
- Authors: De Gregorio MA, Gamboa P, Bonilla DL, Sanchez M, Higuera MT, Medrano J, Mainar A, Lostalé F, Laborda A
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- [Imaging mechanical complications of inferior vena cava filters].
- Authors: Arrivé L, Rotenberg L, Monnier-Cholley L, Baghaïe F, Lewin M, Djouhri H, Dahan H, Tubiana JM
- Issue date: 2001 Mar