AffiliationDepartment of Academic Radiology, Beaumont Hospital, Beaumont Road, Dublin 9, Ireland.
Vena Cava Filters
MetadataShow full item record
CitationOptional inferior vena caval filters: where are we now? 2008, 18 (8):1556-68 Eur Radiol
AbstractWith the advent of newer optional/retrievable inferior vena caval filters, there has been a rise in the number of filters inserted globally. This review article examines the currently available approved optional filter models, outlines the clinical indications for filter insertion and examines the expanding indications. Additionally, the available evidence behind the use of optional filters is reviewed, the issue of anticoagulation is discussed and possible future filter developments are considered.
- Vena cava filter practices of a regional vascular surgery society.
- Authors: Friedell ML, Nelson PR, Cheatham ML
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Practice patterns of retrievable inferior vena cava filters and predictors of filter retrieval in patients with pulmonary embolism.
- Authors: Kang J, Ko HK, Shin JH, Ko GY, Jo KW, Huh JW, Oh YM, Lee SD, Lee JS
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Changes in inferior vena cava filter placement over the past decade at a large community-based academic health center.
- Authors: Yunus TE, Tariq N, Callahan RE, Niemeyer DJ, Brown OW, Zelenock GB, Shanley CJ
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Vena cava filters: uses and abuses.
- Authors: Rectenwald JE
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Trends in inferior vena cava filter placement and retrieval at a tertiary care institution.
- Authors: Belkin N, Jackson BM, Foley PJ, Damrauer SM, Kalapatapu V, Golden MA, Fairman RM, Wang GJ
- Issue date: 2019 May