Aplastic anaemia preceding acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in an adult with isolated deletion of chromosome 9q.
AffiliationDepartment of Haematology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Chromosomes, Human, Pair 9
Precursor Cell Lymphoblastic Leukemia-Lymphoma
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAplastic anaemia preceding acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in an adult with isolated deletion of chromosome 9q. 2008, 32 (12):1936-8 Leuk. Res.
AbstractAplastic anaemia (AA) can precede acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) in 2% of children but this is rarely reported to occur in adults. A 21-year-old male presented with bone marrow failure and bone marrow biopsy showed a profoundly hypocellular marrow. He recovered spontaneously but represented 2 months later when he was diagnosed with pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Chromosomal examination revealed 46,XY,del(9)(q13q34). To the best of our knowledge this is the first case to be reported of aplasia preceding ALL with 9q minus as the sole chromosomal abnormality.
- Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia with unusual chromosomal abnormality: t(3;9) (p21;p13), del(10p12) .
- Authors: Dhingra B, Bhargava R, Mishra P
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Unusual course of an acute lymphoblastic leukemia case with i(9q) as a sole cytogenetic abnormality.
- Authors: Cogulu O, Karapinar DY, Karaca E, Aydinok Y, Ozkinay F
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia and aplastic anaemia.
- Authors: Liang R, Chan TK, Todd D
- Issue date: 1994 May
- [An adult case of acute lymphoblastic leukemia preceded by aplasia resembling aplastic anemia].
- Authors: Sato T, Wakabayashi Y, Kimura M, Kojima S, Hirasawa A, Sato T, Tashiro Y, Nishikawa T, Chiba S
- Issue date: 1993 Feb
- Bone marrow necrosis preceding infantile acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
- Authors: Eusni RM, Hamidah Hussin N, Zarina AL, Rahman J
- Issue date: 2007 Dec