Successful endovascular treatment of a hemodialysis graft pseudoaneurysm by covered stent and direct percutaneous thrombin injection.
AffiliationDepartment of Academic Radiology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland, United Kingdom.
Blood Vessel Prosthesis
Combined Modality Therapy
Vascular Surgical Procedures
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSuccessful endovascular treatment of a hemodialysis graft pseudoaneurysm by covered stent and direct percutaneous thrombin injection., 21 (6):553-6 Semin Dial
JournalSeminars in dialysis
AbstractVascular access for hemodialysis remains a challenge for nephrologists, vascular surgeons, and interventional radiologists alike. Arteriovenous fistula and synthetic grafts remain the access of choice for long-term hemodialysis; however, they are subject to complications from infection and repeated needle cannulation. Pseudoaneurysms are an increasingly recognized adverse event. At present, there are many minimally invasive methods to repair these wall defects. We present a graft pseudoaneurysm, which required a combination of endovascular stent graft placement and percutaneous thrombin injection for successful occlusion.
- Use of stent grafts to repair hemodialysis graft-related pseudoaneurysms.
- Authors: Vesely TM
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- Stent graft exclusion of pseudo-aneurysm arising from PTFE hemodialysis graft after recurrence following ultrasound guided thrombin injection.
- Authors: Ananthakrishnan G, Bhat R, Severn A, Chakraverty S
- Issue date: 2008 Oct-Dec
- Endovascular treatment of complications of femoral arterial access.
- Authors: Tsetis D
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- Combined endovascular intervention and percutaneous thrombin injection in the treatment of iatrogenic pseudoaneurysm. Case report.
- Authors: Gabriel M, Juszkat R, Pukacki F, Waliszewski K
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Percutaneous thrombin injection to complete SMA pseudoaneurysm exclusion after failing of endograft placement.
- Authors: Szopiński P, Ciostek P, Pleban E, Iwanowski J, Serafin-Król M, Marianowska A, Noszczyk W
- Issue date: 2005 Jul-Aug