Role of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor expression in eosinophils of patients with allergic rhinitis, and effect of topical nasal steroid treatment on this receptor expression.
AffiliationDepartment of Otorhinolaryngology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. Mackle_tara@hotmail.com
Nasal Provocation Tests
Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
Rhinitis, Allergic, Perennial
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRole of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor expression in eosinophils of patients with allergic rhinitis, and effect of topical nasal steroid treatment on this receptor expression. 2008, 122 (12):1309-17 J Laryngol Otol
JournalThe Journal of laryngology and otology
AbstractLocal intranasal steroid therapy acts directly to block allergen-induced up-regulation of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptors on the peripheral eosinophils of allergic rhinitis patients, and this is coincident with post-challenge peak nasal inspiratory flow measurement improvements. These observations support the idea that such an increase in sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor expression is clinically relevant in allergic rhinitis, with potential consequences for eosinophil migration and survival.
- In vivo expression of signal transducer and activator of transcription factor 6 (STAT6) in nasal mucosa from atopic allergic rhinitis: effect of topical corticosteroids.
- Authors: Ghaffar O, Christodoulopoulos P, Lamkhioued B, Wright E, Ihaku D, Nakamura Y, Frenkiel S, Hamid Q
- Issue date: 2000 Jan
- Effect of fluticasone propionate aqueous nasal spray on allergen-induced inflammatory changes in the nasal airways of allergic rhinitics following exposure to nitrogen dioxide.
- Authors: Wang JH, Devalia JL, Rusznak C, Bagnall A, Sapsford RJ, Davies RJ
- Issue date: 1999 Feb
- Retrospective study on fluticasone propionate aqueous nasal spray efficacy in patients with allergic rhinitis: evaluation of clinical and laboratory parameters.
- Authors: Ventura MT, Piccinni T, Matino MG, Giuliano G, Di Corato R, Di Napoli P, Tursi A
- Issue date: 2001 Jan
- Efficacy and onset of action of fluticasone propionate aqueous nasal spray on nasal symptoms, eosinophil count, and mediator release after nasal allergen challenge in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis.
- Authors: Wang D, Duyck F, Smitz J, Clement P
- Issue date: 1998 Apr
- Interleukin-8 secretion in patients with allergic rhinitis after an allergen challenge: interleukin-8 is not the main chemotactic factor present in nasal lavages.
- Authors: Gosset P, Tillie-Leblond I, Malaquin F, Durieu J, Wallaert B, Tonnel AB
- Issue date: 1997 Apr