Attritional rupture of extensor pollicis longus: a rare complication following elastic stable intramedullary nailing of a paediatric radial fracture.
AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Sligo General Hospital, Sligo, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Fracture Fixation, Intramedullary
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAttritional rupture of extensor pollicis longus: a rare complication following elastic stable intramedullary nailing of a paediatric radial fracture. 2011, 16 (1):69-72 Hand Surg
JournalHand surgery : an international journal devoted to hand and upper limb surgery and related research : journal of the Asia-Pacific Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand
AbstractElastic stable intramedullary nail fixation has become established as an acceptable method of treatment for diaphyseal fractures of both forearm bones in the paediatric population. It is considered safe, minimally invasive and does not compromise physeal growth. We report a case of delayed rupture of extensor pollicis longus due to attrition over the sharp edges of a protruding nail end after elastic stable intramedullary nailing of a paediatric radial diaphyseal fracture.
- Delayed rupture of the extensor pollicis longus tendon following intramedullary nailing of a radial fracture in a child.
- Authors: Stahl S, Calif E, Eidelman M
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Extensor pollicis longus tendon rupture in an adult after intramedullary nailing of a radius fracture: case report.
- Authors: Fanuele J, Blazar P
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Extensor pollicis longus rupture after fixation of radius and ulna fracture with titanium elastic nail (TEN) in a Child: a case report.
- Authors: Kravel T, Sher-Lurie N, Ganel A
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Extensor pollicis longus tendon rupture after intramedullary nail fixation of a fracture of the radius.
- Authors: Nagura I, Fujioka H, Kokubu T
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Incidence and Risk Factors for Extensor Pollicis Longus Rupture in Elastic Stable Intramedullary Nailing of Pediatric Forearm Shaft Fractures.
- Authors: Lee AK, Beck JD, Mirenda WM, Klena JC
- Issue date: 2016 Dec