Diagnostic gait pattern of a patient with longstanding left femoral nerve palsy: a case report.
AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDiagnostic gait pattern of a patient with longstanding left femoral nerve palsy: a case report. 2010, 18 (3):382-4 J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong)
JournalJournal of orthopaedic surgery (Hong Kong)
AbstractThe gait pattern of a 35-year-old man with longstanding, left femoral nerve palsy was assessed using 3-dimensional kinematic and kinetic analysis. Stability of his left knee in stance was achieved by manipulating the external moments of the limb so that the ground reaction force passes in front of the knee joint. This compensatory mechanism of locking the knee in extension is reliant on the posterior capsular structures. The patient was managed conservatively and continued to walk without aids.
- A novel mechanotronic orthosis enables symmetrical gait kinematics in a patient with a femoral nerve palsy - a case study.
- Authors: Hobusch GM, Hasenöhrl T, Pieber K, Schmalz T, Dana S, Ambrozy C, Pohlig K, Dietl H, Crevenna R, Skrbensky GV, Hofer C, Auberger R, Windhager R
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Contribution of the six major gait determinants on the vertical center of mass trajectory and the vertical ground reaction force.
- Authors: Hayot C, Sakka S, Lacouture P
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- The effect of sustained static kneeling on kinetic and kinematic knee joint gait parameters.
- Authors: Kajaks T, Costigan P
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Transtibial versus anteromedial portal technique in single-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: outcomes of knee joint kinematics during walking.
- Authors: Wang H, Fleischli JE, Zheng NN
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Kinematic and kinetic adaptations in the lower limb during stance in gait of unilateral femoral neuropathy patients.
- Authors: Lohmann Siegel K, Stanhope SJ, Caldwell GE
- Issue date: 1993 May