Evaluation of viability and proliferative activity of human urothelial cells cultured onto xenogenic tissue-engineered extracellular matrices.
AffiliationDepartment of Urology, Mid-Western Regional Hospital, Limerick, Ireland.
MeSHCell Culture Techniques
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEvaluation of viability and proliferative activity of human urothelial cells cultured onto xenogenic tissue-engineered extracellular matrices. 2011, 77 (4):1007.e1-7 Urology
AbstractThis is the first comparative report of UBM and SIS. Our results have demonstrated that UBM has significantly greater regenerative potential for HUCs compared with SIS. However, the perceived potential for extracellular matrixes in reconstructive urology might be limited by their inability to induce urothelial regeneration in a urine environment.
- Construction and evaluation of urinary bladder bioreactor for urologic tissue-engineering purposes.
- Authors: Davis NF, Mooney R, Piterina AV, Callanan A, McGuire BB, Flood HD, McGloughlin TM
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Bladder acellular matrix as a substrate for studying in vitro bladder smooth muscle-urothelial cell interactions.
- Authors: Brown AL, Brook-Allred TT, Waddell JE, White J, Werkmeister JA, Ramshaw JA, Bagli DJ, Woodhouse KA
- Issue date: 2005 Feb
- In-vitro engineering of implantable human urinary tract tissue matrices.
- Authors: Danielsson C, Adelöw C, Hubschmid U, Neuenschwander P, Frey P
- Issue date: 2007 Mar 2
- Tissue-engineered conduit using urine-derived stem cells seeded bacterial cellulose polymer in urinary reconstruction and diversion.
- Authors: Bodin A, Bharadwaj S, Wu S, Gatenholm P, Atala A, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Bladder cell culture on small intestinal submucosa as bioscaffold: experimental study on engineered urothelial grafts.
- Authors: Campodonico F, Benelli R, Michelazzi A, Ognio E, Toncini C, Maffezzini M
- Issue date: 2004 Oct