AffiliationDepartment of Microbiology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Co Cork. email@example.com
Drug Therapy, Combination
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
Fluorescent Antibody Technique, Indirect
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAn unusual case of Legionellosis. 2011, 104 (3):89-90 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractLegionella species is a common cause of community-acquired pneumonia. However disease due to L. pneumophila serogroup 13 is rare and has not previously been reported in Ireland. It may not be detected by routine Legionella antigen and antibody kits. Due to these limitations, early culture should be considered when legionellosis is suspected. The potential therapeutic benefit of quinolones in the management of this disease is also illustrated.
- Legionella spp. and Legionnaires' disease.
- Authors: Diederen BM
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Legionellosis from Legionella pneumophila serogroup 13.
- Authors: Faris B, Faris C, Schousboe M, Heath CH
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- [Clinical features and delayed aftereffects of Legionellosis pneumonia during an epidemic outbreak].
- Authors: Bobyleva ZD, Leshchenko IV
- Issue date: 2010
- Legionella jordanis lower respiratory tract infection: case report and review.
- Authors: Vinh DC, Garceau R, Martinez G, Wiebe D, Burdz T, Reimer A, Bernard K
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Antibody detection and cross-reactivity among species and serogroups of Legionella by indirect immunofluorescence test.
- Authors: Ditommaso S, Giacomuzzi M, Gentile M, Zotti CM
- Issue date: 2008 Oct