Age of transfused blood is not associated with increased postoperative adverse outcome after cardiac surgery.
AffiliationDepartment of Anaesthesia, St James's Hospital, James's Street, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
Cardiac Surgical Procedures
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAge of transfused blood is not associated with increased postoperative adverse outcome after cardiac surgery. 2011, 106 (5):643-9 Br J Anaesth
JournalBritish journal of anaesthesia
AbstractStorage age of RBC transfusion up to 35 days was not associated with increased postoperative adverse outcome after cardiac surgery. The number of RBC units transfused is consistently associated with adverse outcome.
- Longer RBC storage duration is associated with increased postoperative infections in pediatric cardiac surgery.
- Authors: Cholette JM, Pietropaoli AP, Henrichs KF, Alfieris GM, Powers KS, Phipps R, Spinelli SL, Swartz M, Gensini F, Daugherty LE, Nazarian E, Rubenstein JS, Sweeney D, Eaton M, Blumberg N
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Association between red blood cell storage duration and clinical outcome in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Min JJ, Bae JY, Kim TK, Hong DM, Hwang HY, Kim KB, Han KS, Jeon Y
- Issue date: 2014
- Longer blood storage is associated with suboptimal outcomes in high-risk pediatric cardiac surgery.
- Authors: Manlhiot C, McCrindle BW, Menjak IB, Yoon H, Holtby HM, Brandão LR, Chan AK, Schwartz SM, Sivarajan VB, Crawford-Lean L, Foreman C, Caldarone CA, Van Arsdell GS, Gruenwald CE
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Length of red cell unit storage and risk for delirium after cardiac surgery.
- Authors: Brown CH 4th, Grega M, Selnes OA, McKhann GM, Shah AS, LaFlam A, Savage WJ, Frank SM, Hogue CW, Gottesman RF
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Storage time of red blood cell concentrates and adverse outcomes after cardiac surgery: a cohort study.
- Authors: Voorhuis FT, Dieleman JM, de Vooght KM, van Dijk D, van Herwerden LA, Peelen LM, van Klei WA
- Issue date: 2013 Dec