AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCollagenous colitis as a possible cause of toxic megacolon. 2009, 178 (1):115-7 Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractCollagenous colitis is a microscopic colitis characterized by normal appearing colonic mucosa on endoscopy. It is regarded as a clinically benign disease which rarely results in serious complications. We report a case of toxic megacolon occurring in a patient with collagenous colitis. This is the first reported case of toxic megacolon occurring in this subset of patients.
- A case of toxic megacolon in a patient with collagenous colitis.
- Authors: Bains S, Lloyd GM, Sutton CD, West K, Miller AS
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Colonic perforation in collagenous colitis: an unusual complication.
- Authors: Bohr J, Larsson LG, Eriksson S, Järnerot G, Tysk C
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Absence of diarrhea in toxic megacolon complicating Clostridium difficile pseudomembranous colitis.
- Authors: Burke GW, Wilson ME, Mehrez IO
- Issue date: 1988 Mar
- Toxic megacolon.
- Authors: Autenrieth DM, Baumgart DC
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Complications of collagenous colitis.
- Authors: Freeman HJ
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 21