AffiliationDepartment of Vascular Surgery, Cork University Hospital, National University of Ireland, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Aged, 80 and over
Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor Blockers
Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors
Drug Therapy, Combination
Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA Reductase Inhibitors
Outpatient Clinics, Hospital
Peripheral Arterial Disease
Physician's Practice Patterns
Platelet Aggregation Inhibitors
Practice Guidelines as Topic
Referral and Consultation
Vascular Surgical Procedures
MetadataShow full item record
CitationACE up the sleeve - are vascular patients medically optimized? 2011, 7:15-21 Vasc Health Risk Manag
JournalVascular health and risk management
AbstractWhile almost all arteriopaths receive some form of antiplatelet and statin in line with clinical evidence, ACE inhibitors and beta-blockers appear to be under-prescribed in this arteriopathic population. We conclude that opportunity exists for vascular surgeons to embrace recent guidelines and lead the way in both surgical and medical optimization of arteriopathic patients through improving links with primary care physicians or taking greater responsibility themselves for the medical as well as the surgical care of their arteriopathic patients.
- Low use of statins and other coronary secondary prevention therapies in primary and secondary care in India.
- Authors: Sharma KK, Gupta R, Agrawal A, Roy S, Kasliwal A, Bana A, Tongia RK, Deedwania PC
- Issue date: 2009
- Pharmacological treatment after acute myocardial infarction from 2001 to 2006: a survey in Italian primary care.
- Authors: Filippi A, D'Ambrosio G, Giustini SE, Pecchioli S, Mazzaglia G, Cricelli C
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Use of secondary prevention drug therapy in patients with acute coronary syndrome after hospital discharge.
- Authors: Lee HY, Cooke CE, Robertson TA
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- The use of secondary medical prevention after primary vascular reconstruction: studies on usage and effectiveness.
- Authors: Høgh AL
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- How optimal is the medical management of patients prior to major reconstructive vascular surgery? The results of a cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Marshall C, Lin PH, Huynh TT, Kougias P
- Issue date: 2009 Jun-Jul