Preadipocyte factor-1 is associated with metabolic profile in severe obesity.
AffiliationDepartment of Endocrinology, St Vincent's University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Intercellular Signaling Peptides and Proteins
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPreadipocyte factor-1 is associated with metabolic profile in severe obesity. 2011, 96 (4):E680-4 J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab.
JournalThe Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism
AbstractAdipose tissue in MHO individuals had lower levels of Pref-1, a known inhibitor of preadipocyte differentiation, and a more favorable inflammatory profile. These factors may be key to protecting this subgroup of obese individuals from the adverse metabolic profile associated with excess adiposity.
- The relationship of omental and subcutaneous adipocyte size to metabolic disease in severe obesity.
- Authors: O'Connell J, Lynch L, Cawood TJ, Kwasnik A, Nolan N, Geoghegan J, McCormick A, O'Farrelly C, O'Shea D
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 1
- Fat depot-specific impact of visceral obesity on adipocyte adiponectin release in women.
- Authors: Drolet R, Bélanger C, Fortier M, Huot C, Mailloux J, Légaré D, Tchernof A
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Insulin-sensitive obesity.
- Authors: Klöting N, Fasshauer M, Dietrich A, Kovacs P, Schön MR, Kern M, Stumvoll M, Blüher M
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Human serum levels of fetal antigen 1 (FA1/Dlk1) increase with obesity, are negatively associated with insulin sensitivity and modulate inflammation in vitro.
- Authors: Chacón MR, Miranda M, Jensen CH, Fernández-Real JM, Vilarrasa N, Gutiérrez C, Näf S, Gomez JM, Vendrell J
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Serum preadipocyte factor-1 is increased in fetuses of pregnancy complicated with severe preeclampsia.
- Authors: Zhou Q, Li J, Wang H, Han C, Tian T, Zhu Q, Huang H, Dong M
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 23