Primary-care prescribing of anti-osteoporotic-type medications following hospitalisation for fractures.
AffiliationDepartment of Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St. James's Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
Bone Density Conservation Agents
Medical Record Linkage
Physician's Practice Patterns
Primary Health Care
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPrimary-care prescribing of anti-osteoporotic-type medications following hospitalisation for fractures. 2011, 67 (3):301-8 Eur. J. Clin. Pharmacol.
JournalEuropean journal of clinical pharmacology
AbstractThe percentage of patients on antiosteoporotic treatment post fracture increased significantly from 2005 to 2008. This may be largely due to the introduction of the Osteoporosis Clinic to the hospital in 2005.
- Comparison of prescribing and adherence patterns of anti-osteoporotic medications post-admission for fragility type fracture in an urban teaching hospital and a rural teaching hospital in Ireland between 2005 and 2008.
- Authors: McGowan B, Bennett K, Casey MC, Doherty J, Silke C, Whelan B
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Geographic variation in secondary fracture prevention after a hip fracture during 1999-2013: a UK study.
- Authors: Shah A, Prieto-Alhambra D, Hawley S, Delmestri A, Lippett J, Cooper C, Judge A, Javaid MK, REFReSH study team.
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Prescription of anti-osteoporosis medications after hospitalization for hip fracture: a multicentre Italian survey.
- Authors: Gonnelli S, Caffarelli C, Iolascon G, Bertoldo F, Letizia Mauro G, Patti A, Nuti R
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Prescribing of anti-osteoporotic therapies following the use of proton pump inhibitors in general practice.
- Authors: McGowan B, Bennett K, Barry M
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Undertreatment with anti-osteoporotic drugs after hospitalization for fracture.
- Authors: Panneman MJ, Lips P, Sen SS, Herings RM
- Issue date: 2004 Feb