Neisseria meningitidis endocarditis: A case report and review of the literature.
AffiliationCardiology Department, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNeisseria meningitidis endocarditis: A case report and review of the literature. 2011:notScand J Infect Dis
JournalScandinavian journal of infectious diseases
AbstractAbstract Neisseria meningitidis is the leading cause of bacterial meningitis in children and young adults, with an overall mortality rate of up to 25%, but it is a rare cause of infective endocarditis. We present herein a case of N. meningitidis meningitis complicated with infective endocarditis.
- An unusual cause of pelvic inflammatory disease due to Neisseria meningitidis.
- Authors: Alajeel AA, Garland SM
- Issue date: 2004
- The clinical features and long-term sequelae of invasive meningococcal disease in children.
- Authors: Stein-Zamir C, Shoob H, Sokolov I, Kunbar A, Abramson N, Zimmerman D
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- [Clinical aspects and outcome of meningococcal disease due to Neisseria meningitidis of serogroup W135 in 5 children].
- Authors: Faye A, Mariani-Kurkjian P, Taha MK, Louzeau C, Bingen E, Bourrillon A
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Meningococcal disease with cardiac death. A case report.
- Authors: Korczyn AD, Kessler E, Bornstein B
- Issue date: 1971
- Case report. Neisseria meningitidis serogroup A in Ontario.
- Authors: Rawte P, Brown S, Jamieson F
- Issue date: 1997 Sep 15