AffiliationDepartment of Neurosurgery, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationTemporal fossa intra-extracranial dumbbell schwannoma. 2011, 25 (1):142-3 Br J Neurosurg
JournalBritish journal of neurosurgery
AbstractIntra-extracranial schwannomas arising unrelated to major cranial nerves are exceedingly rare neoplasms. We report the case of a 23-year-old male who presented with a 9 month history of progressive temporal swelling which was excised and found histologically to be a schwannoma. A succinct review of the relevant literature is presented.
- Diagnosis please. Case 16: facial nerve schwannoma with middle cranial fossa involvement.
- Authors: Ginsberg LE, DeMonte F
- Issue date: 1999 Nov
- Congenital intra-extracranial dumbbell schwannoma of temporal fossa unassociated with any major cranial nerve.
- Authors: Sharma RR, Netalkar AS, Pawar SJ, Lad SD, Musa MM, Mahapatra AK
- Issue date: 2002 Jan
- Ancient schwannoma of the infratemporal fossa.
- Authors: Huang YF, Kuo WR, Tsai KB
- Issue date: 2002 Aug
- [Schwannoma of the jugular foramen. Angiographic and tomodensitometric aspects].
- Authors: Courtheoux P, Da Silva DC, Houtteville JP, Valdazo A, Lechevalier B, Theron J
- Issue date: 1982 Oct
- Intradural microsurgery and extradural gamma knife surgery for hypoglossal schwannoma: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Tucker A, Miyake H, Tsuji M, Ukita T, Nishihara K, Ohmura T
- Issue date: 2007 Dec