Platelet function testing: methods of assessment and clinical utility.
AffiliationDepartment of Cardiology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
Platelet Function Tests
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPlatelet function testing: methods of assessment and clinical utility. 2011, 9 (1):14-24 Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem
JournalCardiovascular & hematological agents in medicinal chemistry
AbstractPlatelets play a central role in the regulation of both thrombosis and haemostasis yet tests of platelet function have, until recently, been exclusively used in the diagnosis and management of bleeding disorders. Recent advances have demonstrated the clinical utility of platelet function testing in patients with cardiovascular disease. The ex vivo measurement of response to antiplatelet therapies (aspirin and clopidogrel), by an ever-increasing array of platelet function tests, is with some assays, predictive of adverse clinical events and thus, represents an emerging area of interest for both the clinician and basic scientist. This review article will describe the advantages and disadvantages of the currently available methods of measuring platelet function and discuss both the limitations and emerging data supporting the role of platelet function studies in clinical practice.
- [The usefulness of platelet function evaluation in clinical practice].
- Authors: Elalamy I, Gkalea V, Gerotziafas G, Ketatni H, Hatmi M
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Platelet Function Tests: Preanalytical Variables, Clinical Utility, Advantages, and Disadvantages.
- Authors: Hvas AM, Grove EL
- Issue date: 2017
- [Possibilities of platelet function assays].
- Authors: Mongirdiene A
- Issue date: 2007
- Assessment of platelet function in the laboratory.
- Authors: Harrison P
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Platelet function tests and flow cytometry to monitor antiplatelet therapy.
- Authors: Matzdorff A
- Issue date: 2005