Toxicity of cetuximab versus cisplatin concurrent with radiotherapy in locally advanced head and neck squamous cell cancer (LAHNSCC).
AffiliationDepartment of Radiation Oncology, St. Luke's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Combined Modality Therapy
Head and Neck Neoplasms
Neoplasms, Squamous Cell
MetadataShow full item record
CitationToxicity of cetuximab versus cisplatin concurrent with radiotherapy in locally advanced head and neck squamous cell cancer (LAHNSCC). 2011, 98 (1):38-41 Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and oncology : journal of the European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
AbstractWe retrospectively reviewed acute toxicity with cetuximab and radiotherapy, comparing it with a matched cisplatin group. The cetuximab group experienced significantly more toxicity--grade ≥3 oral mucositis (p=0.014), skin dermatitis (p=0.0004), ≥10% weight loss (p=0.03), and enteral feeding requirement (p=0.05). This finding of enhanced toxicity is similar to recent publications.
- Toxicity and outcomes in combined modality treatment of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: cisplatin versus cetuximab.
- Authors: Ye AY, Hay JH, Laskin JJ, Wu JS, Ho CC
- Issue date: 2013 Oct-Dec
- Induction chemotherapy with docetaxel, cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil followed by radiotherapy with cetuximab for locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
- Authors: Keil F, Selzer E, Berghold A, Reinisch S, Kapp KS, De Vries A, Greil R, Bachtiary B, Tinchon C, Anderhuber W, Burian M, Kasparek AK, Elsäßer W, Kainz H, Riedl R, Kopp M, Kornek G
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- IMRT with simultaneous integrated boost and concurrent chemotherapy for locoregionally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
- Authors: Montejo ME, Shrieve DC, Bentz BG, Hunt JP, Buchman LO, Agarwal N, Hitchcock YJ
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 1
- Efficacy of concurrent cetuximab vs. 5-fluorouracil/carboplatin or high-dose cisplatin with intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) for locally-advanced head and neck cancer (LAHNSCC).
- Authors: Shapiro LQ, Sherman EJ, Riaz N, Setton J, Koutcher L, Zhang Z, Shi W, Fury MG, Wolden SL, Pfister DG, Morris L, Lee N
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Radiotherapy compliance is maintained with hypofractionation and concurrent cetuximab in locally advanced head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Chan A, Teoh D, Sanghera P, Hartley A
- Issue date: 2009 Dec