Sources of patients' knowledge of the adverse effects of psychotropic medication and the perceived influence of adverse effects on compliance among service users attending community mental health services.
AffiliationDepartment of Psychiatry, University of Dublin and St Patrick's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Mental Health Services
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Patient Education as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSources of patients' knowledge of the adverse effects of psychotropic medication and the perceived influence of adverse effects on compliance among service users attending community mental health services. 2009, 29 (6):565-70 J Clin Psychopharmacol
JournalJournal of clinical psychopharmacology
AbstractPhysicians and information leaflets are the leading sources of patients' knowledge about adverse effects of medication. The knowledge of adverse effects of medication has a potential to affect compliance, and so it is essential for physicians to engage patients in a fuller communication about their illness and its treatment with medication including the management of potential adverse effects.
- Issues with prescribed medications in Aboriginal communities: Aboriginal health workers' perspectives.
- Authors: Hamrosi K, Taylor SJ, Aslani P
- Issue date: 2006 Apr-Jun
- Concerns and beliefs about medicines and inappropriate medications: An Internet-based survey on risk factors for self-reported adverse drug events among older adults.
- Authors: Shiyanbola OO, Farris KB
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- [Autonomy attitudes in the treatment compliance of a cohort of subjects with continuous psychotropic drug administration].
- Authors: Baumann M, Trincard M
- Issue date: 2002 Sep-Oct
- Nature and frequency of exchanges on medications during primary care encounters.
- Authors: Richard C, Lussier MT
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Patient-reported perceptions of side effects of antihyperglycemic medication and adherence to medication regimens in persons with diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Chao J, Nau DP, Aikens JE
- Issue date: 2007 Jan