Obstructive sleep apnea in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients.
AffiliationPulmonary and Sleep Disorders Unit, St. Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive
Sleep Apnea, Obstructive
MetadataShow full item record
CitationObstructive sleep apnea in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients. 2011, 17 (2):79-83 Curr Opin Pulm Med
JournalCurrent opinion in pulmonary medicine
AbstractStudies of overlap syndrome patients at a clinical, physiological and molecular level should provide insight into disease mechanisms and consequences of COPD and sleep apnea, in addition to identifying potential relationships with cardiovascular disease.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea: overlaps in pathophysiology, systemic inflammation, and cardiovascular disease.
- Authors: McNicholas WT
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 15
- Association of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea consequences.
- Authors: Zamarrón C, García Paz V, Morete E, del Campo Matías F
- Issue date: 2008
- Hyperinflation is associated with lower sleep efficiency in COPD with co-existent obstructive sleep apnea.
- Authors: Kwon JS, Wolfe LF, Lu BS, Kalhan R
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- [The overlap syndrome: obstructive sleep apnea and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease].
- Authors: Shteinberg M, Weiler-Ravel D, Adir Y
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Severity of nocturnal hypoxia and daytime hypercapnia predicts CPAP failure in patients with COPD and obstructive sleep apnea overlap syndrome.
- Authors: Kuklisova Z, Tkacova R, Joppa P, Wouters E, Sastry M
- Issue date: 2017 Feb