AffiliationCentre for Scientific Computing and Complex Systems Modeling, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
Protein Processing, Post-Translational
MetadataShow full item record
CitationComputational micromodel for epigenetic mechanisms. 2010, 5 (11):e14031 PLoS ONE
AbstractCharacterization of the epigenetic profile of humans since the initial breakthrough on the human genome project has strongly established the key role of histone modifications and DNA methylation. These dynamic elements interact to determine the normal level of expression or methylation status of the constituent genes in the genome. Recently, considerable evidence has been put forward to demonstrate that environmental stress implicitly alters epigenetic patterns causing imbalance that can lead to cancer initiation. This chain of consequences has motivated attempts to computationally model the influence of histone modification and DNA methylation in gene expression and investigate their intrinsic interdependency. In this paper, we explore the relation between DNA methylation and transcription and characterize in detail the histone modifications for specific DNA methylation levels using a stochastic approach.
- Epigenetic interplay between histone modifications and DNA methylation in gene silencing.
- Authors: Vaissière T, Sawan C, Herceg Z
- Issue date: 2008 Jul-Aug
- Discovering common combinatorial histone modification patterns in the human genome.
- Authors: Linghu C, Zheng H, Zhang L, Zhang J
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 10
- Epigenetic interplay of histone modifications and DNA methylation mediated by HDA6.
- Authors: Liu X, Luo M, Wu K
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Chromatin remodeling, histone modifications, and DNA methylation-how does it all fit together?
- Authors: Geiman TM, Robertson KD
- Issue date: 2002
- Histone acetylation and chromatin signature in stem cell identity and cancer.
- Authors: Shukla V, Vaissière T, Herceg Z
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 1