Diagnosis and management of an intra-articular foreign body in the foot.
AffiliationThe Children's Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin 1. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDiagnosis and management of an intra-articular foreign body in the foot. 2002, 95 (9):277-8 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractWe describe a case of a small intra-articular foreign body in the foot presenting 48 hours following injury, which at operation showed early evidence of septic arthritis. It is essential to accurately localise periarticular foreign bodies in the foot and proceed to arthrotomy and debridement in all cases where there is radiological or clinical evidence to suggest intra-articular retention of a foreign body.
SponsorsReproduced with permission from the Irish Medical Journal
- [Intra-articular foreign bodies].
- Authors: Mamedov AG
- Issue date: 1987 Apr
- Arthroscopic retrieval of sewing needle fragments from the knees of 3 children.
- Authors: Oztekin HH, Aslan C, Ulusal AE, Sertoz SZ, Ustaoglu RG, Fowler J
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- Sewing needle: a rare cause of intra-cardiac foreign body in a 3-year-old child.
- Authors: Choudhary S, Pujar Venkateshacharya S, Reddy C
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Ultrasound-guided needle localization to aid foreign body removal in pediatric patients.
- Authors: Nwawka OK, Kabutey NK, Locke CM, Castro-Aragon I, Kim D
- Issue date: 2014 Jan-Feb
- Foreign body localization and retrieval in the foot.
- Authors: Rickoff SE, Bauder T, Kerman BL
- Issue date: 1981 Spring