The Airtraq as a rescue airway device following failed direct laryngoscopy: a case series.
AffiliationDepartment of Anaesthesia, Clinical Sciences Institute, National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Sciences, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe Airtraq as a rescue airway device following failed direct laryngoscopy: a case series. 2007, 62 (6):598-601 Anaesthesia
AbstractWe report the successful use of the Airtraq as a rescue device following failed direct laryngoscopy, in patients deemed at increased risk for difficult tracheal intubation. In a series of seven patients, repeated attempts at direct laryngoscopy with the Macintosh blade, and the use of manoeuvres to aid intubation, such as the gum elastic bougie placement, were unsuccessful. In contrast, with the Airtraq device, each patient's trachea was successfully intubated on the first attempt. This report underlines the utility of the Airtraq device in these patients.
- A comparison of tracheal intubation using the Airtraq or the Macintosh laryngoscope in routine airway management: A randomised, controlled clinical trial.
- Authors: Maharaj CH, O'Croinin D, Curley G, Harte BH, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Comparison of the C-MAC videolaryngoscope with the Macintosh, Glidescope, and Airtraq laryngoscopes in easy and difficult laryngoscopy scenarios in manikins.
- Authors: McElwain J, Malik MA, Harte BH, Flynn NM, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Performance of the Airtraq laryngoscope after failed conventional tracheal intubation: a case series.
- Authors: Malin E, Montblanc Jd, Ynineb Y, Marret E, Bonnet F
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Evaluation of the Airtraq and Macintosh laryngoscopes in patients at increased risk for difficult tracheal intubation.
- Authors: Maharaj CH, Costello JF, Harte BH, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Learning and performance of tracheal intubation by novice personnel: a comparison of the Airtraq and Macintosh laryngoscope.
- Authors: Maharaj CH, Costello JF, Higgins BD, Harte BH, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2006 Jul