The analgesic efficacy of transversus abdominis plane block after cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trial.
AuthorsMcDonnell, John G
Maharaj, Chrisen H
Laffey, John G
AffiliationDepartment of Anaesthesia, Clinical Sciences Institute, Centre for Pain Research, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland.
Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
Drug Therapy, Combination
Surgical Procedures, Elective
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe analgesic efficacy of transversus abdominis plane block after cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trial. 2008, 106 (1):186-91, table of contents Anesth. Analg.
JournalAnesthesia and analgesia
AbstractThe TAP block, as a component of a multimodal analgesic regimen, provided superior analgesia when compared with placebo block up to 48 postoperative hours after elective cesarean delivery.
- The transversus abdominis plane block provides effective postoperative analgesia in patients undergoing total abdominal hysterectomy.
- Authors: Carney J, McDonnell JG, Ochana A, Bhinder R, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Ipsilateral transversus abdominis plane block provides effective analgesia after appendectomy in children: a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Carney J, Finnerty O, Rauf J, Curley G, McDonnell JG, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- The analgesic efficacy of transversus abdominis plane block after abdominal surgery: a prospective randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: McDonnell JG, O'Donnell B, Curley G, Heffernan A, Power C, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2007 Jan
- The analgesic efficacy of subarachnoid morphine in comparison with ultrasound-guided transversus abdominis plane block after cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Kanazi GE, Aouad MT, Abdallah FW, Khatib MI, Adham AM, Harfoush DW, Siddik-Sayyid SM
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- A randomized controlled trial comparing intrathecal morphine with transversus abdominis plane block for post-cesarean delivery analgesia.
- Authors: Loane H, Preston R, Douglas MJ, Massey S, Papsdorf M, Tyler J
- Issue date: 2012 Apr