Randomized controlled trial of the Pentax AWS, Glidescope, and Macintosh laryngoscopes in predicted difficult intubation.
AffiliationDepartment of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Galway University Hospitals, Galway, Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
Fiber Optic Technology
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRandomized controlled trial of the Pentax AWS, Glidescope, and Macintosh laryngoscopes in predicted difficult intubation. 2009, 103 (5):761-8 Br J Anaesth
JournalBritish journal of anaesthesia
AbstractThe AWS and the Glidescope laryngoscopes reduced the difficulty of tracheal intubation to a similar extent compared with the Macintosh laryngoscope, in patients at increased risk for difficult tracheal intubation.
- Comparison of Macintosh, Truview EVO2, Glidescope, and Airwayscope laryngoscope use in patients with cervical spine immobilization.
- Authors: Malik MA, Maharaj CH, Harte BH, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Comparison of the Glidescope, the Pentax AWS, and the Truview EVO2 with the Macintosh laryngoscope in experienced anaesthetists: a manikin study.
- Authors: Malik MA, O'Donoghue C, Carney J, Maharaj CH, Harte BH, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Tracheal intubation in patients with cervical spine immobilization: a comparison of the Airwayscope, LMA CTrach, and the Macintosh laryngoscopes.
- Authors: Malik MA, Subramaniam R, Churasia S, Maharaj CH, Harte BH, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2009 May
- A comparison of the Glidescope, Pentax AWS, and Macintosh laryngoscopes when used by novice personnel: a manikin study.
- Authors: Malik MA, Hassett P, Carney J, Higgins BD, Harte BH, Laffey JG
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- Pentax-AWS, a new videolaryngoscope, is more effective than the Macintosh laryngoscope for tracheal intubation in patients with restricted neck movements: a randomized comparative study.
- Authors: Enomoto Y, Asai T, Arai T, Kamishima K, Okuda Y
- Issue date: 2008 Apr