Early aggressive intra-venous pulse cyclophosphamide therapy for interstitial lung disease in a patient with systemic sclerosis. A case report.
AffiliationDepartment of Rheumatology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
Antineoplastic Agents, Alkylating
Lung Diseases, Interstitial
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEarly aggressive intra-venous pulse cyclophosphamide therapy for interstitial lung disease in a patient with systemic sclerosis. A case report. 2009, 28 Suppl 1:S31-4 Clin. Rheumatol.
AbstractInterstitial lung disease is an important cause of mortality and morbidity in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc). There are currently no recommended guidelines for management of these patients. This is probably due to the rarity of this condition, as well as clinical trials with only a small number of cases. There are published case report and case series along with the two main trials, viz. Scleroderma Lung Study and the Fibrosing Alveolitis Study, but again, there is no consensus on treatment protocols. In this report, we present a case of aggressive interstitial lung disease in a patient with SSc, which improved dramatically on treatment with intra-venous cyclophosphamide and high dose prednisolone therapy.
- High-dose prednisolone and bolus cyclophosphamide in interstitial lung disease associated with systemic sclerosis: a prospective open study.
- Authors: Wanchu A, Suryanaryana BS, Sharma S, Sharma A, Bambery P
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Efficacy and safety of intravenous cyclophosphamide pulse therapy with oral prednisolone in the treatment of interstitial lung disease with systemic sclerosis: 4-year follow-up.
- Authors: Tochimoto A, Kawaguchi Y, Hara M, Tateishi M, Fukasawa C, Takagi K, Nishimagi E, Ota Y, Katsumata Y, Gono T, Tanaka E, Yamanaka H
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Successful use of intravenous cyclophosphamide pulse therapy for interstitial lung disease in a patient with systemic sclerosis on hemodialysis.
- Authors: Takahashi T, Asano Y, Sunaga R, Ichimura Y, Taniguchi T, Yamamoto M, Tamaki Z, Takekoshi T, Mitsui H, Sugaya M, Ohse T, Sato S
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Are high doses of prednisone necessary for treatment of interstitial lung disease in systemic sclerosis?
- Authors: Pérez Campos D, Estévez Del Toro M, Peña Casanovas A, González Rojas PP, Morales Sánchez L, Gutiérrez Rojas AR
- Issue date: 2012 Mar-Apr
- Effect of Sequential Intravenous Pulse Cyclophosphamide-Azathioprine in Systemic Sclerosis-Interstitial Lung Disease: An Open-Label Study.
- Authors: Kundu S, Paul S, Hariprasath K, Agarwal R, Ghosh S, Biswas D
- Issue date: 2016 Jan-Mar